Not-for-profit organisation operating in the field of
Projects, training & mobilities
The project "InnoGastro - Innovative Approach to Gastronomy in Vocational Schools" is Erasmus+ KA2 project, coordinating by Foundation of the Regional Competence Centre from Bialystok, Poland. Other partners represent 2 different regions of Europe – Spain and Lithuania.
The main objectives of the project are following:
- to improve the quality and efficiency of vocational education in the catering industry;
- to develop new approaches in order to improve the competences of practicing teachers and provide them with all the expertise and skills necessary to ensure the high quality educational services;
- to increase access and promote European open educational resources.
The expected results of the project:
- Consolidation and deepening of knowledge on cooking techniques,
- Understanding of the effects caused by the ingredients,
- The development of creativity,
- Increasing the organizational skills, management and leadership members of the partnership,
- Strengthening cooperation with partners,
- Building cooperation with institutions in the labor market,
- An increase in social skills, language and culture,
- Participants will become more aware of the importance of language skills for personal and professional development,
- Learning a foreign language, especially vocabulary,
- Increasing flexibility and mobility,
- Tolerance and openness to other cultures.
The main tasks of the project:
1. Creation of the report which is collection of 3 analyzes (PL, LT, ES) containing a research and comparative analysis. The report will be a diagnosis of the current situation in each country in the field of vocational education, only catering industry.
The result: a report of diagnosis, combined with a broad forum of entrepreneurs.
2. Analysis of the conclusions of report. The choice of the content of each training module. Preparation of training materials. Implementation of the training course, a combination of online training with the theoretical part and practical trainings. Validation of training (creation of evaluation questionnaires to measure achieved expectations and identify improvements for future training). Design, organize and implement a pilot training course in CSHM (in Spain) for a group of 18 people (12 teachers on behalf of the RCK and 6 entrepreneurs of ERCC).
A pilot course will consist of 7 days of access to training contain theoretical aspects, combined with practical training in the experimental cuisine (three days of online learning and 4 days practical learning).
TITLE of training: “Avant-garde culinary creations - gastronomy, products and technology”
Lecturer: expert in the field of gastronomy + food technologist
Content: content of the course clarified after the report and diagnosis, but the course outline is as follows:
- Food ingredients: technological point of view,
- Enhancements / improvements to cooking techniques,
- Avant-garde techniques,
- Products with healthy food: nutritional issues
- Innovation in the development of products developed on the basis of common raw materials (rice, meat, fish, mace, etc.)
- Introduction to sensory analysis.
The result: The program of the course in the formula blended-learning, combined with the forum of entrepreneurs.
3. Pilot courses - teachers and entrepreneurs participating in the program are implementing innovative learning outcomes of CSHM in the form of inclusion of elements of the course for classes in the school/company.
4. Creation of the strategy for the development of vocational education in the catering industry with the aim to foster international cooperation and internship program with elements of experimental cuisine.
The result: a report of diagnosis, combined with the forum of entrepreneurs.
1. The report-diagnosis of the current situation in Poland, Lithuania and Spain in the field of vocational education, catering industry.
2. The pilot course in Spain “Avant-garde culinary creations - gastronomy, products and technology” for 12 teachers from Poland and 6 entrepreneurs from Lithuania. The form of the course – blended learning.
3. Implementation of the learning outcomes of the course in classes of vocational schools and business companies.
4. The strategy for the development of vocational education in catering industry with elements of experimental cuisine.