The overall goal of the project was to find ways to conserve the work force of lederly employees so that firms can benefit from the know how of older employees and that employees stay mentally and physically fit so that they can stay at work until their retirement.
In concrete terms this means a catalogue of the following topics:
- is the employability of elderly people a topic in all involved countries?
- what are the reasons that elderly people drop out (if they do)?
- what makes elderly employees attractive for enterprises?
- how do organisations and enterprises in home regions of the partners deal with that issue?
- are men and women equally affected by the problem?
- is the problem the same in the involved countries - where are differences?
- what measures are already implemented in different regions?
- is education a way that can help to prevent the problem?
- what skills would elderly employees in different regions need especially to stay fit for the enterprises?
- how can the involved partners concretely use the results of the answers above and implement in their daily work?
- what measures that can be implemented in a following multirateral project?
- installation and feeding of a course management system to store ideas for future courses.